Requirements for the Summer
- Keep a research journal
- Attend technical seminars
- Attend skill-enhancing workshops
- Give an oral presentation of results
Skills/Abilities for Internship
- Ability to work with a diverse group of peers
- Skill in the use of software for communication purposes (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, email)
- Ability and willingness to learn and use scientific computing tools and programs
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Basic problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions
- Potential to excel in a scientific career
- Basic knowledge of mathematics, computer science or engineering - through coursework
- Ability to work full-time during the summer program
- Ability to interact with mentors & peers in a manner to support collaboration and inquiry
- Ability and willingness to work within guidelines and policies of organization and assigned work groups
- Applicants must be available May 18 through July 31, 2015 to participate
- Must be a graduate student, or undergrad completed sophomore year
- Must currently be enrolled in a U.S. university
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. to be eligible for the SIParCS program.
For F visa students accepted to the SIParCS program, CPT work authorization issued through a U.S. Designated School Official (DSO) or OPT issued through both a DSO and the U.S. Citizen and Immigration Services (USCIS ) will be required.
UCAR values diversity and encourages those in underrepresented groups to apply. UCAR is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic partner status, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. All applicants are considered relative to job-related factors.