- Data Portals
- User Support
- About Us
The 2014 summer internships are 11 weeks in duration. Applicants must be available May 19 through August 1, 2014 for participation in the program.
Program requirements, beyond working on projects, include keeping a research journal, attending appropriate technical seminars, attending skills-enhancing workshops, and giving an oral presentation of results at the end of the summer.
Education and Skills/Abilities:
* Must currently be enrolled in a United States university.
* Only students authorized to work for any employer in the United States will be considered for the SIParCS program (if accepted to the SIParCS program, CPT work authorization issued through a U.S. institution will be accepted)
* Must be a graduate student, or undergraduate who has completed their sophomore year.
* Ability to work with a diverse group of peers.
* Skill in the use of software for communication purposes (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
* Ability and willingness to learn and use scientific computing tools and programs.
* Good oral and written communication skills.
* Basic problem solving skills.
* Ability to analyze data and draw conclusions.
* Potential to excel in a scientific career.
* Basic knowledge, through coursework, of mathematics, computer science or engineering.
* Ability to work full-time during the summer program.
* Ability to interact with mentors and peers in a manner that supports collaboration and
* Ability and willingness to work within guidelines and policies of organization and assigned
UCAR values diversity and encourages those in underrepresented groups to apply. AA/EOE