International Computing in the Atmospheric Sciences Symposium
8:00 pm MDT
As 2022 begins, we at NCAR have started our planning for the iCAS 2022 symposium. With boundless optimism, we are preparing to hold the symposium in person, once again at the Grand Hotel Bristol in Stresa, Italy. Mark your calendars for September 11–15, 2022!
However, despite our best intentions, we recognize that the persistent pandemic makes any statement about the future uncertain. Should some future variant once again prevent us from meeting in person, iCAS 2022 will pivot into a virtual event. So save those dates, regardless.
This year, iCAS 2022 will turn its focus to the world we find ourselves in as leaders and managers of centers focused on weather/climate modeling, computing, and data services.
Attendees can expect to learn about and participate in discussions about:
- How peer centers are dealing with key challenges to operations and planning — endemic COVID, supply chain interruptions, increasing data volumes, and so on
- How sites are preparing today for tomorrow’s computational challenges in Earth systems science
- Developing strategic partnerships and international collaborations to tackle global challenges
- Mitigating the environmental impacts of the large-scale computing resources used to investigate climate change and severe weather
- Co-design practices for planning and management of services to meet emerging research requirements
- Pursuing Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in our workforce and the user community
More information about the meeting program and travel planning, including hotel and registration information, will be forthcoming!
We look forward to seeing you in September!
David Hart & Thomas Hauser
iCAS 2022 co-chairs