New job scheduling features for Cheyenne and Casper users
Recent upgrades to PBS Pro are bringing some changes and new capabilities to the scheduler, most prominently the addition of peer scheduling between Cheyenne and Casper. Brian Vanderwende of CISL's Consulting Services Group will present a tutorial at 11 a.m. MST on Tuesday, November 9, to introduce new users to the scheduler and to update experienced users on these recent upgrades. Topics covered will include:
- Starting batch and interactive jobs on Cheyenne and Casper
- Creating multi-system workflows with peer scheduling
- Querying current and historical job information and debugging job failures
- Using resource requests to specify memory and GPUs
- How PBS is used within JupyterHub
The tutorial will last approximately 45 minutes with additional time for questions. By registering and attending, you agree to abide by the UCAR Code of Conduct. The tutorial will be recorded and published.