Registration and Hotel
The iCAS 2022 symposium will be held at The Grand Bristol Hotel on beautiful Lago Maggiore in Stresa, Italy. Here you will find the information you need to register for the symposium, reserve your hotel room, and travel to Stresa. We also have arranged for a Tuesday afternoon excursion for attendees and guests, available for an extra fee. We look forward to seeing you in Stresa!
- Symposium Attendee — $500
Includes symposium participation as well as breaks, lunches, receptions, and Wednesday banquet dinner.
- Guest — $200
Registered guests of symposium attendees are welcome to join us for all lunches, dinners, and receptions. Guests must accompany a registered symposium attendee.
- Vendor – $500
NOTE: “Platinum Sponsorship” vendors with one complimentary registration still need to complete the registration form so we have you signed up for the event and know your meal preferences/restrictions.
The Grand Hotel Bristol in Stresa is located in a former aristocratic property known as Villa Mercedes. Guests enjoy a unique view of the Isola Bella and the Borromeo Gulf. The Grand Hotel Bristol offers an elegant starting place for discovering the beauties of Lake Maggiore. Rooms are available as space permits.
- Double room for single use — € 179
- Double room — € 209
- Room with a view of Lago Maggiore for an additional — € 29
Buffet breakfast included. There is a 10% VAT per day with a local tourist tax of € 2,50 per person per day.
Tuesday 9/13 Excursion to Lake Orta
For Tuesday afternoon, we have planned an optional four-hour excursion to Lake Orta, including a visit to Isola San Giulia, with its basilica and monastery. We visited in 2019 and enjoyed it so much that we wanted to provide the opportunity again. We will be leaving the hotel at 14:00 (2 p.m.) and returning around 18:00 (6 p.m.).
The excursion fee is $60 per person in addition to the iCAS registration fee. The fee covers the round-trip bus to Orta San Giulio and the boat fee to the island. To join us on this excursion, please select the registration option that includes the "+ Lake Orta" option at payment.
Reserve your space early (via the symposium registration form). Space is limited.
Transportation to Stresa
Most international flights arrive at Milan Malpensa (MXP) airport. You have several options for travel from Milan Malpensa to Stresa.
- Train. A train runs from the airport to Stresa with one change and takes between 1 hour 15 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the train. Check the website for more information. Fares start around €10,50.
- Bus. The Alibus shuttle runs regularly every day and takes about 1 hour to get to Stresa. You must book ahead and pay cash on the bus for your ticket. Fares start around €12. Check the website for general information and the Alibus site for booking.
- Rental car. It’s about an hour drive on the A8 and A26 motorways. Google Maps will get you right to the hotel.
- Taxi/Uber. Both work, and will cost around €150 each way.
- GetTransfer.com. Allows you to book a range of options and potentially share the ride for a reduced fare.
We will follow local Italian government guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety. There is not a mask requirement indoors, however, FFP2/KN95 masks are required on public transportation (trains, ships, busses, metros). Regardless of mask requirements, we encourage people to wear a mask based on their level of comfortability.
Rapid COVID-19 Testing in Stresa
Farmacia Valle Dr. Andrea
ITA 28838 Stresa -VB-
Telephone/Fax: +39 0323 933833
WhatsApp: +39 346 1359552
Cost: 20€ at the Pharmacy or an additional 150€ for them to come to the hotel to administer the test
The test is a rapid antigen test, not PCR.